Thursday, November 1, 2012

Almost caught up, 10/31, Driving Bend to Medford, OR


These pines with golden trunks keep appearing amidst the regular trees. Beautiful. By the way, all of the photos in this entry were taken on the same 3 hour-drive yesterday. Great place.


 We had in mind to get to Crater Lake: supposedly the northern approach was closed, but you could go the long southerly route. Closed? Why would it be closed?  I mean, it's a beautiful day...


Well, it's a couple of kinds of beautiful day, apparently.  As we got closer to the lake, it tuned into THIS kind of beautiful.


Dave and I got to the "Crater Lake - 3 miles" sign, before having to stop and turn around. Which wasn't all that easy to do --kinda slippery and tricky, so I guess I should be happy I'm not a Jack Nicholson-style tourist-sicle, permanently chagrined in the woods of south central Oregon.


 And so we returned to our regularly scheduled Oregonian beauty....


No comments: