All we have to do is get to Medford. Looks like I need a day off. Love you guys.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
If anyone reading this blog still thinks I am not old, crazy, and tired, the final frame of this movie should clear that right up.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Monday, October 29, 2012
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Friday, October 26, 2012
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Monday, October 22, 2012
Dropped the $100G in checks I'm carrying off at the office, doing laundry...have to be back at National Airport tomorrow morning at 7:00. Last, and worst, travel turnover of the busy season.
Wish me luck.
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Small room. Don't know if I could shoot a friend in the back of the head in a room that size. Or any size, come to think of it. Underneath the needlepoint is a hole in the wall that legend holds is the bullet hole from the fatal shot. It was picked at by tourists over the years until it was this gaping opening and then they sealed it off with a clear framed plastic shield. Here's a closer look.
Like so much about this whole thing, though, it's not quite real. The doctor attending claims the bullet never left Jesse's head, so the hole is fake. But then again, the house was at another location, a few blocks away at the time of the shooting and has been moved four times since. Also, the wallpaper, furnishings -- just about everything, has been replaced and is not original. Essentially, you stand in a room that once was somewhere else and looked completely different and pretend it's not. Weird.
Friday, October 19, 2012
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
First in an endless series: Odd Things Adorning Hotel Rooms - Part I, Fairfield Inn, Weatherford, KS
The World's Biggest Soap Dish? The World's Shallowest Vase? A Bedpan for someone with a Severe Buttockular Derangement? A Mortuary Slab for a Halibut? The World's Most Un-Ergonomically Designed Sex Toy? Who knows. But it's large, green, ceramic and taking up a lot of my bathroom counter space.
Monday, October 15, 2012
Well, our run of large sold-out houses had to end. One photo shows the empty house at sound check. The other shows the near-empty house three minutes before showtime. Apparently, Baton Rouge has but two comedy shows a year: us, and Bill Cosby. Unfortunately, both shows were at 3:00 yesterday. Guess who people went to see? Curse you, Bill Cosby! May your jello be tainted with foreign e-coli from hereafter!
- Parents call cops for help with their 90-lb teenage son, who is having a schizophrenic episode. Three heroes show up, repeatedly tase and tackle 90-lb kid. Then one says "We don't have time for this," shoots him dead
- More proof that being innocent and in your own home minding your business is now a crime...if the cops fuck up and are morons. Which are not good odds for you...
- Snowden's email provider shows the class the U.S. Government does not have by shutting down operations and refusing to cave in to "security" demands for email records. Wow. Americans who remember that there's a Constitution. Wish the people who supposedly work for us could remember that. You go, Lavamail. You go F yourself, NSA.
- Should you happen upon police being abusive --not all that improbable anymore-- these are the laws for recording them. Despite what they might tell you. Remember, it's their duty to harass you; not tell you the truth.
- A map of botched police raids, in case you think I'm cherry-picking rare incidents. Fortunately, these did not all involve fatalities. Though frankly, they probably don't care.
- Trigger happy LAPD cops cost city $4.2 million after shooting up Latino mom and daughter mistaking them for enormous black rogue cop. Good eye! "To serve, protect, and riddle innocent bystanders with bullets."
- "...need to get rid of these men boys with their toys," says 70-year-old widow whose husband was murdered by police on a raid on the wrong house. Officers suspended with pay. Says Chief, " the two policemen were not at fault." Hmmmm. Bet if a policeman had got shot somebody would be at fault.
- "No questions, Ma'am. I'm a policeman. Just shake your tits around, please, or I'll have to run you in."
- Police kill family dog. "Just get another one."
- ► 2014 (55)
- ► 2013 (168)
- Day off today
- STILL catching up: 10/29 en route to Bend: Detroit...
- STILL catching up: driving to Bend 10/29, Oregon M...
- Also, a side note about Spanish Television...
- Still Catching Up...The Hotel Murano, Tacoma, WA, ...
- En route to Tacoma, 10/28: Washington State Women'...
- Tacoma Narrows Bridge, en route to Tacoma, 10/28
- Catching Up: Bremerton, Sat 10/27
- Breezy day on the Bremerton ferry
- Movie: Seattle Ferry Terminal
- The Grim Raininess that is Sea-Tac
- Boise Airport, headed back to Seattle
- Second in an Endless Series: Odd Things Adorning H...
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Finally en route to SF after 2-hour delay.
- This is my hair at Sea-Tac too early in the mornin...
- A visible version of the view out my window
- The Inn at the Harbor, Everett, EA, Rm. 309
- Grand Opera House, Macon, GA
- Landed at home at 1:00pm...
- The Deco Hotel, Omaha, NE
- Two things....first...
- Yardley Hall, Jefferson County Community College, ...
- The Death Hole of Jesse James
- Whenever we get a great hotel room...
- The Athelton Hotel, in the Student Union at OSU, S...
- Bird's-eye view, about to open the house, Weatherf...
- First in an endless series: Odd Things Adorning Ho...
- This is TW hating our crowded flight to Oklahoma C...
- The Union Center Theater, LSU, Baton Rouge, LA
- Baton Rouge, and nearby Angola Prison
- Lied Center, Lincoln, NE
- Concordia, KS, nazi POW camp, 1943-45
- Driving Hutchinson, KS to Lincoln, NE
- Spent the day in the salt mines yesterday
- Guess which flight is ours?
- One day home.
- Are we the only ones dumb enough to be at the Kans...
- The Prison Tour continues: USP Leavenworth, KS
- The only good reason to be awake in Denver at 5am....
- Room 423, Clarion Inn, Denver
- Gates Hall, Newman Center, U of CO, Denver
- This is the most secure prison in the world
- Boulder, Colorado
- Jon and I, Pearl St., Boulder, CO
- Driving Pueblo ---> Ft. Collins
- Flew Durango ---> Denver, now driving Denver ---> ...
- View from rm 105 Rochester Inn, Durango, CO.
- Scenes from Durango, CO: I
- Leaving El Paso, 5:45 am
- View from room 821, the El Paso Doubletree Inn
- ▼ October (52)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (350)
- ► 2009 (517)