Saturday, August 27, 2011
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Driving through Tyson's yesterday would indicate that, oh yes, it's over. In oh so many ways....
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Guess this is why Carol seemed to feel it the most. She said her house swayed significantly and she was trying to get out when it stopped.
See, this is what I was worried could happen when I get my spinal shot. I mean, what if the needle was right in there next to your spinal cord when that happened? Hmmm? I actually asked the doctor and he said, "Oh, ho ho, there are never any earthquakes around here."
Monday, August 22, 2011
When you are the fan of a losing team, such as the Washington Nationals, you have to come up with creative ways to dispel the attendant despair. I have started yet another blog, the Washington Nationals Daily Pic, in which I graphically summarize the previous evening's game. It turns losing into an exercise in creativity. And, really, isn't that what life is all about?
Friday, August 19, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
...cutting through the air with his well-trained blade to end up in the noble pose that has inspired golfers for the many long decades the game has been in existence.
Then he hopped on the road to get mired in THIS for 10 hours....
Horrible drive. Just horrible. 7 hours and fifteen on the way up. Ten hours and a half on the way back. Love you guys!
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Friday, August 12, 2011
- It is 7.8 miles to the Cranwell from the hotel, lot to lot
- There are 17 stop lights along the way
- There is one additional flashing yellow light that --as a counter-- I cannot officially count as a stop light
- There are 16 eating establishments of varying styles and price ranges
- There are 3 grocery stores
- There are 78 street lamps - actual street lamps, not to be confused with parking lot lighting adjacent to the roadway
- There are 4 gas station
- There are 2 banks. But intriguingly, there are 4 other financial establishments (Duh - Berkshire Hathaway...)
- Curiously, there are 9 dentists and dental surgeon's offices. All but one in the first half mile from the hotel along 'Dental Row'
- There are two country clubs, if you count the one you end at
- There are three artistic representations of horses along the route
- There are 19 speed limit signs in the southbound direction
- There is a caveman and a pooping gargoyle with light-up eyes
- There are 6 straw people - seven, if you squint and look up the hill
- There are 19 blue houses
- There are between 39 and 47 American flags, depending upon weather, inclination, and wavering patriotism, I suppose
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Monday, August 8, 2011
Sunday, August 7, 2011
And, tragically, I can pretty much guarantee that this is not where I left my phone. :(
Friday, August 5, 2011
So, we are walking back from doing this radio program in downtown Pittsfield, MA, and I am accompanied by Ms. Felicia Curry: paramour of Andy Fahs, my roady pal you've heard me speak of many times; 5' 0" of insane bundled energy; rock-hard from the twice daily workouts, runs, plus the occasional golf and tennis outing; 97 lbs. soaking wet, dressed to the nines at 11:30 on a Thursday morning in a sleepy arty burg where flannel pajamas at the Price Chopper are not necessarily frowned upon. I get to witness an actual cliche.
We are walking through the little Leitchfield-esque (on steroids) main square and come to a street crossing. The Red Hand is up; the cars have the green; we have to wait.
Except...the cars aren't going. They just sit there, fronted by an ominous, giant, rednecky, muddy, dirty black pickup truck. Finally, we shrug our shoulders and cross. As we get to the median, one of the most lesbian-looking lesbians I have ever seen in my life --a life in the theatre, mind you-- complete with an actual mullet --I kid you not-- leans out of the driver's side of the pickup and says, "Ma'am, you are so beautiful there is no way I was going to go before you walked in front of me." Then she drove off.
So, I was walking with a girl who actully, really, physically stopped traffic. Cool. And you can see why.
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Next door in our little long-term suites is a lady and her cute, heavily tattooed daughter that happened to see the show one night and noticed the people in the show were the same noisy bunch where they lived. The cute tattooed girl just brought me a midnight cupcake. Yum. And no, tragically, that is not a metaphor for anything.