- Parents call cops for help with their 90-lb teenage son, who is having a schizophrenic episode. Three heroes show up, repeatedly tase and tackle 90-lb kid. Then one says "We don't have time for this," shoots him dead
- More proof that being innocent and in your own home minding your business is now a crime...if the cops fuck up and are morons. Which are not good odds for you...
- Snowden's email provider shows the class the U.S. Government does not have by shutting down operations and refusing to cave in to "security" demands for email records. Wow. Americans who remember that there's a Constitution. Wish the people who supposedly work for us could remember that. You go, Lavamail. You go F yourself, NSA.
- Should you happen upon police being abusive --not all that improbable anymore-- these are the laws for recording them. Despite what they might tell you. Remember, it's their duty to harass you; not tell you the truth.
- A map of botched police raids, in case you think I'm cherry-picking rare incidents. Fortunately, these did not all involve fatalities. Though frankly, they probably don't care.
- Trigger happy LAPD cops cost city $4.2 million after shooting up Latino mom and daughter mistaking them for enormous black rogue cop. Good eye! "To serve, protect, and riddle innocent bystanders with bullets."
- "...need to get rid of these men boys with their toys," says 70-year-old widow whose husband was murdered by police on a raid on the wrong house. Officers suspended with pay. Says Chief, " the two policemen were not at fault." Hmmmm. Bet if a policeman had got shot somebody would be at fault.
- "No questions, Ma'am. I'm a policeman. Just shake your tits around, please, or I'll have to run you in."
- Police kill family dog. "Just get another one."
- ► 2014 (55)
- ► 2013 (168)
- Day off today
- STILL catching up: 10/29 en route to Bend: Detroit...
- STILL catching up: driving to Bend 10/29, Oregon M...
- Also, a side note about Spanish Television...
- Still Catching Up...The Hotel Murano, Tacoma, WA, ...
- En route to Tacoma, 10/28: Washington State Women'...
- Tacoma Narrows Bridge, en route to Tacoma, 10/28
- Catching Up: Bremerton, Sat 10/27
- Breezy day on the Bremerton ferry
- Movie: Seattle Ferry Terminal
- The Grim Raininess that is Sea-Tac
- Boise Airport, headed back to Seattle
- Second in an Endless Series: Odd Things Adorning H...
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Finally en route to SF after 2-hour delay.
- This is my hair at Sea-Tac too early in the mornin...
- A visible version of the view out my window
- The Inn at the Harbor, Everett, EA, Rm. 309
- Grand Opera House, Macon, GA
- Landed at home at 1:00pm...
- The Deco Hotel, Omaha, NE
- Two things....first...
- Yardley Hall, Jefferson County Community College, ...
- The Death Hole of Jesse James
- Whenever we get a great hotel room...
- The Athelton Hotel, in the Student Union at OSU, S...
- Bird's-eye view, about to open the house, Weatherf...
- First in an endless series: Odd Things Adorning Ho...
- This is TW hating our crowded flight to Oklahoma C...
- The Union Center Theater, LSU, Baton Rouge, LA
- Baton Rouge, and nearby Angola Prison
- Lied Center, Lincoln, NE
- Concordia, KS, nazi POW camp, 1943-45
- Driving Hutchinson, KS to Lincoln, NE
- Spent the day in the salt mines yesterday
- Guess which flight is ours?
- One day home.
- Are we the only ones dumb enough to be at the Kans...
- The Prison Tour continues: USP Leavenworth, KS
- The only good reason to be awake in Denver at 5am....
- Room 423, Clarion Inn, Denver
- Gates Hall, Newman Center, U of CO, Denver
- This is the most secure prison in the world
- Boulder, Colorado
- Jon and I, Pearl St., Boulder, CO
- Driving Pueblo ---> Ft. Collins
- Flew Durango ---> Denver, now driving Denver ---> ...
- View from rm 105 Rochester Inn, Durango, CO.
- Scenes from Durango, CO: I
- Leaving El Paso, 5:45 am
- View from room 821, the El Paso Doubletree Inn
- ▼ October (52)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (350)
- ► 2009 (517)