Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Adams, MA

Another trip down the 10.8 mile bike trail. Round-trip, I should say, for a total of 21.6 miles. And not one of those miles would be possible without the giant scary trail toilets they put at either end. No water, no chemicals, no odor... Just hulking, silent commodes with terrifying and hypnotic yawning chasms that fill one with a sense of dread. There is a malignant, lurking quality to these beasts that give one pause. That combined with the notice coldly informing you your waste products are being, "...composted in the mechanism below...."  Mechanism? Now I feel like the whole scary bunker is some sort of craft that may take off at any second transporting me and my sad little piss stream all the way back to Antares or Betelgeuse or something. I ain't got time for no alien abduction....

No comments: