Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A synagogue downtown...

...specifically, the one at 6th and I that usually prides itself on hosting an eclectic blend of things geared toward Jewish angst-iness  (F'rinstance, as you can see on the calendar, had we have arrived a half hour earlier this evening, we could have been posited the eternal question: 'Why be Jewish?'  Why indeed?  I would imagine for most it's the salary and the perqs. And don't miss Torah Yoga: Saturdays at 10!) Some of us went there tonight to see Joanna Newsom, a truly original composer, harpist, and vocalist.  She was a stunning assault on every sense.  Except smell.  This was as close as I got, and my sense of smell is not the best. Too bad.  She looked like she smelled pretty good.  I crept up close for the photo...then slunk back to my seat.  

No comments: