Wednesday, October 13, 2010

OK, clearly that last post was a mistake...

...and was an email I mistakenly cc'd to the blog. He is an interesting character, though. I only thank God that I wasn't linking to some video of lesbian clowns artificially inseminating schnauzers or something. Which --even though I have never thought of that concept before this second-- I am sure I could locate a video of within a few short googly minutes. Ah, the internet.

As repayment, allow me to put up pictures of us next to Laura Bush signing things at this big right-wing business thing the other day in Bakersfield.  There's Laura next to us and there are the three lines for people to get signatures: the one on the left was for Ronnie Milsap, the blind country music star, the one in the middle was for us, and the one on the right was for Laura Bush. Apparently marrying a dipshit horse's ass carries real weight with this community. I did not get a picture of Ronnie Milsap. He's blind and I felt funny sneaking up to him and snapping a pic: what if he had heard me with his super-blind-guy hearing and turned on me at the last second and demanded to know what I'm doing? And what if I told him and he got angry and said, "What's a picture?!" How would I explain that to him? There's no way in the world I could explain that to him. So, screw it. 

Interestingly, although Ronnie had no one in his line, one of his handlers just kept handing him cds to sign so I'm not sure he felt the humiliation as keenly as we did.  I think he may have thought there WAS a big line for him. Hmm.


No comments: