Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Screen window woes (or: "If I'm so smart, why can't I get my F'n screen windows out?")


This is the window in question from the exterior.  Even less accessible to me than it looks like it is.


Same window - interior.  Note the two peg-like screen locks visible at the top of the screen.


Close-up of the peg. Seems a standard feature of screens.  Spring-loaded, it holds the screen in place. Pulling down on it releases it and the screen can then fall inward.


The top window: fixed, immovable, with no releases or anything holding it in.  An inherent, fixed part of the window.


Showing the upper window being fixed and non-adjustable again.


When the window is opened from the inside, it only goes up this far; the pegs to loosen the screen are barely accessible.


Another view.


Another view, featuring my giant ham-sized hand.  Even if both pegs are loosed and the screen tips forward at the top, it is blocked from coming inward (its natural directional inclination) by the interior window itself.


I thought perhaps that I could push it outward and collect it on the ground below, but the corners seem fixed and inextricable, as this frustrated photo demonstrates..

I can't tell you how much I hate not being handy. It was cute for a while in my youth, but I am seriously over it now.

No comments: