Monday, December 16, 2013

Well, it's taken a while...

But the screen on my long-shattered Galaxy S3 has finally sputtered to stray lines and mostly blackness.  I'm not due for a new upgrade, a new one cost $300+ if I just buy one, or if I eBay one $230+, plus at least a week transit time, plus it's hard to trust people on eBay, plus they're mostly refurbished by people who can't seem to tell the difference between 'there' 'their' and 'they're'.  I don't why I regard that as a bellwether for general stupidity, but apparently I do.  Also, 'to' 'too' and 'two'. Seriously. Not that hard to figure out.

I can get it repaired for $150, but they have to order parts and I won't have it until a couple of days past Christmas.  Not having a phone over Christmas will suck.  But that is probably going to be what I have to do.

So I won't be answering calls or texts for a bit.  Email me and I'll check whenever I can.  Damn first-world problems!

By the way, this is not my phone.  It would be hard to take a picture of my phone WITH my phone; especially as it does not work.  But apparently they shatter quicker than people's eardrums at a Michael Bolton concert.

No comments: