Friday, July 2, 2010

Moving day in Pittsfield

Because of various and sundry reasons --mostly having to do with actors getting a cheap long-term hotel rate and therefore residing on the lower rung of the touristy status ladder-- I had to stay in a different room last night than the one I'll be in the rest of the time. So I'm not really unloading stuff or unpacking until that happens. Hopefully, any hour now.

I did not bring my fancy birthday monitor up here.  But I did bring my little 15-inch flatscreen.  Since I haven't unpacked it yet, I'm putting off doing much on the computer.  To show you how much I love my birthday present, I include here a photo of my laptop screen: I have set the background to off-white that you may more clearly see the bright blotchy freckles that indicate where liquid got in some months ago.  Functions fine.  But it's really hard to look through this stuff, depending on what the page shows. It's always beneath the text, like some lurking plague.  I'm thinking phosphorus, perhaps, got washed off, so now the pixels are stuck in full light mode.  I'm sure that is completely wrong. But it helps to have an incorrect mental picture at all times.

No comments: